Tuesday 3 January 2012

In My Mailbox 7

It's been about five weeks since I last did one of these, as it all went a bit quiet over the holidays. That is until the strike of the deadly 12 Days of Kindle. Since that promotion is still ongoing and I just might possibly buy some more ebooks during it, I'll save the wrap-up from that for another day.


My exciting win, arriving just before Christmas was Troubadour by Mary Hoffman. I won this in a giveaway on the brilliant History Girls blog, which features daily posts from a crew of historical novelists writing for a range of age groups. I didn't know what I'd won (it was a pot luck thing), so I was thrilled to receive this, having had several of Hoffman's books on my wishlist for a while. I'm sure this will be the start of something!

Before Christmas, I downloaded several Kindle books by people I follow on Twitter or whose blogs I read. I'm looking forward to reading these, and all have been receiving rave reviews:


Mel Sherratt (who blogs at High Heels and Book Deals) has made her debut crime thriller, Taunting the Dead, available on Kindle. I really like the sound of this one and am excited at the possibility of beginning a new crime series.

Find it at Amazon UK




Gillian Philips has released a prequel to her Rebel Angels series, Frost Child, dealing with Seth's parents relationship. It's a novella rather than a full length novel and is therefore currently only available on Kindle. Just look at this gorgeous cover!

Find it at Amazon UK



Finally, Mondays Are Red by Nicola Morgan is now available under her Crabbit Publishing imprint. This was her first novel and centres on the theme of the power of words.

Find it at Amazon UK

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realise Nicola Morgan's book had been reprinted for the Kindle. I shall definitely get this one as well as Mel's book. She has had such a hard journey to get where she is, so I really look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...