Friday 16 March 2012

Family Friday: Re-Issue of Michael Morpurgo's Kaspar

Michael Morpurgo's brilliant story featuring Kaspar the cat who sails on the Titanic has been re-released this month under a new title and with a smart new cover, for the hundredth anniversary of the Titanic this year.

Originally titled Kaspar, Prince of Cats, this classic kids' adventure story with rich historical detail is quite special to me. It was the first book I reviewed on this blog, having enjoyed the story with my youngest as bedtime reading.



The Titanic voyage is just one exciting part of this story, in which Kaspar befriends Johnny Trott the bellboy when a Russian Countess brings him to the Savoy where Johnny works.

Would you like to read my original review?

1 comment:

  1. Because I am Mad-Cat-Woman, I am always attracted to stories involving cats. I will read you original review of this one. I remember reading one when the MC turned into a cat and it was really well done. I really felt like they were a cat. Wish I could remember the title. I'd love to read it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...