- published 61 posts (this is number 62!)
- gained followers and made some blogging friends
- posted on 26 tagged topics
- completed the April A-Z Challenge
- participated in the Bookette's fine British Books Challenge (8 reviews posted so far)
- reviewed 9 books here, representing my preferred genres of fantasy, kids, YA and crime
- found loads of other blogs to follow (my google reader has 101 subscribed blogs at this point)
- learned that I enjoy writing on a range of topics and don't want a one-topic-blog
- gained confidence in sharing my views and things I've learned
- increased my writing rate generally
Thursday, 2 June 2011
Six months on: my blog's half-birthday
It was six months ago that I blogged for the first time. I am quite pleased with how things are going here at the hearthfire. In six months I have:
Given that I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted out of blogging when I started, I'm very pleased! It's definitely helped me to prioritise writing more, and to explore different areas. I've posted on topics that I might not have poked my toe into otherwise, and have particularly enjoyed having an outlet for discussing folklore and myth. I enjoy blogging as an end in itself, but it also has clear benefits for my writing more widely.
What are your favourite things about blogging? Does it support other goals that you have, or is it more simply an enjoyable pastime?